The Best GARLIC BREAD
Cook time: 10- 15 mins
Do you know the secret to good garlic bread? Garlic!!
I like to make a tub of garlic butter so I can store it in the fridge and I can use it for other dishes or just with avocado on toast. If you like you can use a 125g tub of butter and half the ingredients. Don’t forget to label your tube of garlic butter if you are storing it in the fridge (it doesn’t go great with honey on toast!!)
- 125g sourdough Vienna loaf or a French stick
- 300g Butter (if salted you can skip adding salt)
- 10 cloves of Roasted Garlic/ or 8 cloves of pureed garlic
- 2 tablespoons of Parsley (dried or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons of Basil (dried or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons of Oregano (dried or fresh)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons of grated Parmesan or Romano cheese (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- Empty the tub of butter (make sure it is soft) in to a bowl
- Puree your garlic, or roast your garlic. (Please see roasted garlic recipe)
- Add garlic to the butter and mix well with a fork.
- Add herbs, and salt and pepper to taste to butter mixture.
- Slice your bread on an angle into medium size slices.
- Spread a generous amount of garlic butter on each side of the bread slices making sure you go all the way to the edge.
- Sprinkle each slice with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Wrap in tin foil and bake in preheated oven for approximately 12 mins.
Mediterranean Dipping Tray
Cook time: 0 mins
A simple but, crowd winning recipe for that traditional Mediterranean taste. You cannot beat fresh crusty bread, garlic, olive oil and balsamic dipping tray. I like to add a few extra spices to jazz it up one more step!
1 clove of garlic
Good quality olive oil (approx. 2-3 tablespoons)
Balsamic vinegar (2-3 tablespoons)
Dried oregano, chilli flakes or a few drops of you favourite home made sauce from the market (I like hot a smoky BBQ sauce) OPTIONAL
- Add spices and/or a few drops of your favourite sauce from the market. (OPTIONAL)
- Puree the garlic on your Little Spanish Grater Plate.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons (or half fill the little plate) with good quality olive oil
- Add Balsamic vinegar.
- Toast bread under the grill, or use fresh rustic bread for dipping!
Cook time: 45-60 mins
You cannot beat perfectly roast garlic. When cooked, simply spread on warm crusty bread or enjoy with antipastos and meat dishes. This is a delicious recipe that everyone must try.
3 bulbs of garlic
Olive oil for drizzling
Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove as much paper like skin from each bulb as you can.
- Cut off the garlic heads (1-2cm) so that each clove is exposed (it’s important to the tip of each clove cut off).
- Place the bulbs in you Little Spanish Garlic Keeper or garlic roaster.
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Season each bulb with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the lid on the Garlic Keeper and place in a COLD oven.
- Turn your oven on and set the temperature for 200 degrees, Cook for 45-60mins or until the cloves are soft and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let the cloves cool down.
- Once cooled, squeeze out each clove of garlic.
- Spread it on bread; add it to soups, pasta sauce, dips and much more. There is lots of ways to use this delicious delicacy.